Surya Namaskar Ek, Fayde Anekh. In Surya Namaskar, Surya refers to “the solar,” and Namaskar means “bowing down in respect.” This has been the preferred yogic kriyas for a lot of many years now, because it combines 12 yoga asanas in a yogic sequence. Practising Surya Namaskar each day helps in balancing three constituents of your physique, i.e., Kapha, Pitta, and Vata, which is able to show you how to lead your life in a higher manner and affect your creativity and intuitive talents. It’s easy but highly effective poses are what make it doable for individuals of all age teams and all sizes to carry out it, anytime, anyplace.
Desk of Contents
Over the centuries, Surya Namaskar has advanced, and its poses have differed into varied kinds and variations. Furthermore, that is one yogic kriya that by no means diminished however has solely expanded. In actuality, Surya Namaskar is built-in into varied sorts of yoga kinds. Let’s check out them within the part under:
- Ashtanga Surya Namaskar: Within the Ashtanga Surya Namaskar sequence, solar salutations have two varieties. -Sort A and B. Sort A, consists of 9 Vinyasas and kind B consists of seventeen vinyasas.
- Hatha Surya Namaskar: It’s carried out by means of the 12 spinal poses, which places deep emphasis on respiratory prominently. It is likely one of the mostly practiced Surya Namaskar kinds and presumably the simplest one.
- Iyengar Surya Namaskar: Iyengar Surya Namaskar is much like the Hatha follow, however right here the main focus is a bit more on tempo and power, whereby, it’s carried out at a faster tempo than different Surya Namaskar varieties.
On this part let’s spend a while exploring the 12 traditional poses of conventional Hatha Surya Namaskar.
Pose 1: Prayer pose – Pranamasana.
- Begin by standing straight on the entrance of your mat, bringing your ft collectively, and protecting arms unfastened alongside.
- Now, shut your eyes and convey your palms to fulfill within the middle of your chest. Loosen up the entire physique.
- This pose relaxes the nervous system and helps in gaining the stability of the physique.
- It additionally helps relieve stress and nervousness.
Pose 2: Raised arms pose – Hasta Uttanasana
- Hasta Uttanasana is began by exhaling deeply
- Inhale deeply thereafter stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head.
- Search for and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out. (Deal with breathing-in if you arch backward, and as you bend ahead breathe-out.)
- Stretches and tones the muscle tissue of the stomach.
- Expands the entire physique from heel to the tip of the fingers.
Pose 3: Hand to foot pose – Hasta Padasana.
- Exhale and begin to fold ahead and right down to the knees; as you come ahead, hold the backbone lengthy.
- Palms down on the ground, have simply your fingertips touching the ground.
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation in opposition to the thighs, and your head touching your knee. Maintain this place for a number of seconds.
- It stretches the backbone and makes it versatile.
- It additionally stretches the hamstrings and opens the legs, shoulders, and arms muscle tissue.
Pose 4: Equestrian pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana
- Subsequent, step your proper leg again, placing simply the knee down and comfortably tucking the toes underneath.
- On the similar time bend the left knee leaving the foot flat on the ground.
- Press the fingertips or palms right down to the ground, roll the shoulders again, and slowly lookup.
- Strengthens the leg muscle tissue and backbone.
- Relieves in indigestion and constipation.
Pose 5: Mountain pose – Parvatasana
- Slowly exhale, having management deliver your palms onto the ground and stepping the left foot again beside the fitting, elevate your hips up into the air.
- Lengthening by means of your backbone, deliver the shoulders in the direction of the ankles. Take a number of breaths.
- It improves posture and calms the thoughts.
Pose 6: Ashtanga Namaskara
- As you exhale, decrease your knees down and slowly, with a managed chest, come down whereas pushing your head ahead on the ground.
- Maintain your elbows proper in in opposition to your sides; supplying you with extra energy.
- Now, as you construct extra energy on this transition, you may decrease the chest down and nonetheless hold your hip up within the air.
- It improves the flexibleness of the again and backbone.
- Strengthens the again muscle and relieves construct up rigidity.
- Your eight physique components are labored in a single pose.
Pose 7: Cobra pose – Bhujangasana
- Maintain palms and ft proper the place they’re. And inhale.
- Slide ahead and lift your chest like a cobra.
- Roll the shoulders again, Maintain your elbows bent, and squeeze them again in the direction of one another.
- Slowly lookup.
- It improves flexibility and temper.
- It stretches the shoulders, chest, again, legs muscle, abruptly.
Pose 8: Mountain pose – Parvatasana.
- When you exhale, tuck the toes underneath. (similar as pose 5)
- Press again to an inverted V place, lengthening by means of the backbone, bringing the shoulders in the direction of the ankles. Take a number of breaths right here. As you exhale elevate the hips in the direction of the sky and press your palms into the bottom.
- It will increase the blood movement to the spinal area.
- It relieves signs of menopause in ladies.
Pose 9: Equestrian pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana.
- Deliver the left foot forwards between the palms, and push the pelvis forwards. Elevate the torso and tilt the pinnacle again, arching the again and searching as much as the sky (similar as pose 4).
- Brings flexibility to leg muscle tissue and tones the belly organs.
- Strengthens the backbone.
Pose 10: Hand to foot pose – Hasta Padasana.
- Exhale, hold the fitting foot in entrance, bringing the legs collectively (similar as pose 3).
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation in opposition to the thighs, and your head touching your knee.
- It helps in curing insomnia, osteoporosis, headache, nervousness, and stress.
Pose 11: Raised Arms Pose- Hasta Uttanasana
- Inhale deeply thereafter stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head (similar as pose 2)
- Search for and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out.
- It cures well being issues like bronchial asthma, decrease again ache, and fatigue. It additionally aids digestion.
- Expands the chest, which ends up in a full consumption of oxygen.
Pose 12: Standing Mountain pose – Tadasana.
- Then, eventually, exhale and are available again to the prayer place (similar as pose 1).
- Deliver your arms down, gradual and regular.
- Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles and improves posture.
- Tone your hips and stomach and assist to achieve management over your muscular actions.
These 12 poses when practiced make up for one cycle of Surya Namaskar. Ideally, doing 12-15 cycles a day will get you all the advantages required by the physique, protecting you match and wholesome for a greater tomorrow.
Different Advantages of Surya Namaskar:
- Steadiness of Dosha: Pita, Kapha, and Vata are three doshas that may exit of stability attributable to varied causes. It’s majorly affected by the climate, meals, on a regular basis dangerous actions, stress at work, and depreciated sleep. Nonetheless, you may hold your dosha in keeping with practising Surya Namaskar each day.
- Weight-loss Booster: Merely stretching the belly muscle tissue will definitely make you lose additional energy by means of Surya namaskar. It additionally manages the hormonal secretions from thyroid glands which might be accountable for weight achieve.
- Improves psychological well being: Surya Namaskar has an excellent significance for youngsters to strengthen their focus and loosen up their minds whereas lowering sleepiness, somatic stress, fear, and unfavorable emotion at a dispositional stage. It might assist to revitalize the mind by partaking the spinal wire. A each day 15-minute follow can reap nice outcomes for the mind.
The bodily advantages of Surya Namaskar are aplenty. This 12 posture yogic kriya lubricates all of the joints of your physique by synchronizing along with your breath supplying you with higher bodily well being and psychological focus. The common follow of 12 rounds of Surya Namaskar not solely offers you monumental advantages that allow you to uncover who you might be but in addition retains your physique wholesome and match from the within out!
Supply hyperlink : https://www.healthifyme.com/weblog/surya-namaskar-types-poses-benefits-and-more/