These chocolate protein bars are gluten-free, grain-free, can simply be made vegan, and make an superior balanced macro snack. You can also make these as a part of meal prep, or take pleasure in them as a wholesome deal with that tastes like dessert.
Hello associates! I hope you’re having an excellent week thus far and I’m sending all of my prayers to our associates in Texas proper now. In case you’re in search of methods to assist, try this hyperlink.
The Pilot has been caught at his crash pad for 2 days within the blizzard – his flights have been canceled this week – however I’m grateful that he’s been secure with the entire loopy climate occurring.
For in the present day’s submit, I wished to re-share this recipe as a result of it’s such an excellent one and so handy for busy days. I like to make no less than one wholesome snack to have readily available every week and that is certainly one of my faves! It tastes like dessert and is full of protein: chocolate protein bars!
You want this in your life.
These are tremendous straightforward to place collectively, and I like that they’ve a pure sweetness + superior texture from baked candy potato. They’re a fantastic element for meal prep, plus are gluten-free and balanced in macros.
Right here’s the recipe in case you’d like to offer them a strive!
Chocolate Protein Bars with Candy Potato
A scrumptious and wholesome deal with that tastes like dessert. I prefer to have 2 squares for a candy, protein-dense snack. This one is gluten-free and has an superior texture with no added fats. Try the notes under for vegan choice.
- Prep Time: 15
- Complete Time: 15
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1/3 C candy potato flesh (from a big baked candy potato. The canned stuff doesn’t style pretty much as good)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 chocolate bar, melted (can use a double-boiler in case you’re feeling fancy, or a glass bowl within the microwave. Microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stopping to stir in between)
- 2 scoops protein powder of selection (I used vanilla Backyard of Life; chocolate can be superior, too)
- 1/3 C brown rice flour (or any gluten-free flour)
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/4 t baking powder
- pinch salt
- pinch cinnamon
- Sweetener of selection if wanted (maple syrup, honey, Stevia, coconut sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a small baking dish (I used an 8×8 dish) with nonstick spray or coconut oil.
- Combine the entire substances in a big bowl. Pour combination into the baking dish and clean with a spatula.
- Bake 20 minutes, or till toothpick inserted within the “cake” comes out clear.
- To make these vegan, make certain to make use of a vegan chocolate bar, and substitute 3 chia or flax eggs for the common eggs. To make the flax or chia egg, mix 3 tablespoons of both chia or floor flax with 3 tablespoons water.
Diet stats may be discovered right here. (6 servings // 88 cal per serving // 10g carb // 5g protein // 3g fats // WW good factors: 3)
Please let me know what you assume. 🙂
Have a fantastic day and I’ll see ya within the morning with Friday Faves.
Pictures: Ari at Effectively Seasoned
Supply hyperlink : https://fitnessista.com/chocolate-protein-bars-with-sweet-potato/